Wednesday 1 June 2016

Hip State of Mind: Guest Designing for Counterfeit Kit Challenge

Hello everyone, and happy June! My exciting news today is that I've been invited to Guest Design for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge!

At the Counterfeit Kit Challenge, the idea is to be inspired of a given kit from existing kit clubs, and put together a Counterfeit version from your own stash. It’ll help you see your products in a new light and give new ideas for using them. Before this, I've joined the Counterfeit Kit Challenge once last year, with a very different kit.

Can anyone guess which was our inspiration kit this month?



Here you go! It is the May 2016 Kit from Hip Kit Club. (photos by Hip Kit Club)

May 2016 Main Kit from Hip Kit Club



The May 2016 Kit from Hip Kit Club is a fun mix of colours, but also a cool contrast of graphic black, white and navy. Looking at the papers I had in my stash, I decided to go a bit more in the black and white direction. You'll see my picks soon, but first...

May 2016 Paper Kit from Hip Kit Club!



The kit has several fun patterns, like triangles, irregular dots and doodled five point stars. It also has some painterly papers, flowers and circles that again make a fun contrast.

Inspired by these features, I started building my Counterfeit Kit. But let's look at all the Hip Kit Club add-ons first:

May 2016 Project Life Kit from Hip Kit Club



May 2016 Embellishment Kit from Hip Kit Club



And last but not least, May 2016 Cardstock Kit from Hip Kit Club



Now let's take closer look at my kit, starting from papers in the photo below. From top left:

Canvas Corp – Yellow & White Big Stripe
My Mind's Eye − Love Me Do − Heart of the Matter
Studio Light − Flower Delight
Die Cuts with a View − The Sweet Blossom Stack − painterly floral paper
Die Cuts with a View − The Sweet Blossom Stack − painterly striped paper
Tiger − pink paper with black doodles
Tiger − black paper with white dots



Bottom row:

unknown – black with white stripes
Die Cuts with a View − The Sweet Blossom Stack − white polka dot on black canvas-looking paper
We R Memory Keepers − It Factor − Hello Bobby
Dear Lizzy − Documentary − Mondays
Sodalicious − Cozy Moments − Time for a Cup Of

And here below, from left:

Kaisercraft − Bow & Arrow − Sunrise
unknown − aqua check pattern
unknown − teal with polka dots
unknown − sea green/white diagonal stripes
unknown − pink triangle pattern
unknown − four 6x6 papers with black, white and grey patterns



A general view of the embellishments and Project Life supplies I found to go in my kit:

Here are the embellishments for a closer look! From top left,

Maya Road − Rag Tag Animals, Mini Sheer Set
Queen & Co – Twinkle Goosebumps
unknown − metal frames
Studio Calico – Wood Veneer



Middle: I found plenty of washi tapes in suitable colours and patterns.

Papermania Docrafts − Capsule − Geometric Neon Washi tapes
unknown − white with blue ledger
unknown − white with blue stripes
MT Washi tape − sea green/white stripe
Papermania Docrafts − Capsule − Spots & Stripes Brights washi, dark blue with dots
MT Washi tape − narrow yellow with text
MT Washi tape − traditional Japanese Samekomon aka Wavy Dots on dark blue
Papermania Docrafts − Capsule − Geometric Neon Washi tapes re-shown out of their box
unknown − pink with stripes

Always good to add a mixed media element: American Crafts − Pop! Microbeads − Lipgloss

And bottom row:

Papermania Docrafts − Neon Pink Adhesive Gems
Papermania Docrafts − Neon Yellow Adhesive Gems
Doodlebug Design − Sprinkles, Lilac Assortment
Navy blue sequins
American Crafts − Thickers Delight −Glitter Letter Stickers
American Crafts − Thickers Playroom − Felt Letter Stickers

In Finland we have this cool tape store called Teippitarha (Tape Garden), that also delivers internationally. Check it out if you are a fan of washi tape − they have a huge selection of tapes, also the MT brand which is the original Japanese one.

(*Note: this is not sponsored advertising, apart from a postage-free next order, having mentioned the store in my blog.)

Then let's check out my Project Life add-on.



Die Cuts with a View − The Sweet Blossom Stack − 12x12 of journaling cards
Kaisercraft − Shine Bright − Mango, 12x12 of journaling cards
large black paper clips
Papermania Docrafts − Capsule − Spots & Stripes Brights, leftover journaling tags
We R Memory Keepers − It Factor − 6x6 paper pad
13arts − leftover words and arrows for fuzzy cutting
Sodalicious − Whoo Lives Here − DIY journaling cards from leftovers
Sodalicious − Cozy Moments − So Delicious Notes

And last but not least, my cardstock choices! In addition to the solid cardstock, I have these two papers from 7 Dots Studio. They're previously lightly gessoed and I may or may not use them in one of the May Challenges at Counterfeit Kit.

7 Dots Studio − Love is in the Air − Whisper of the Tree
7 Dots Studio − Domestic Goddess − Overused Tablecloth

Yes, there will be more to look at in the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog! In addition to the challenge of building your own kit, there are also weekly challenges. Before the first of those, do come back on the 4th for our Forgeries on the Fourth Blog Hop, where the DT presents DIY embellishments to add to our kits!

And to see the rest of today's Counterfeit Kit Reveal Blog Hop, here's the list of the regular Design Team members!

Julene
Kelly
Lesley
Leslie
Lisa
Lynnette
Margie
Susan
Susanne
Jemma

Thank you for coming and I hope to see you soon again!

Edit: Blog hop list updated.

15 comments:

  1. You've made a mega-kit there - loads to play with - thanks for Guestng for us - have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NB - I'm last in the hop today - Julene is the next one on the list after Salla :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jemma! I meant to edit the list earlier this morning, but apparently didn't save the changes.

      Delete
    2. No worries - I do that kind of thing ALL the time :-(
      The hop is complete now - and I want to play with YOUR kit rather than mine LOL

      Delete
  3. Welcome! So happy to have you as our GD this month and I'm excited to see what you create with this large kit :-) Full of really lovely products and bits and pieces, I can see that you will be creating some very artistic creations and I can't wait! Glad to have you with us in June

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a dynamite kit, Salla! I especially like those first papers you chose - they very definitely hit a hip note with me. I am looking forward to you playing along with us this month. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A girl after my own heart :) Love the big kit and I love the splashes of green and neon in the kit too a nice added color : Looking forward to seeing what you do with all this inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome! I loved seeing what you did with this month's inspiration. Very cute pocket page cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Firstly welcome. I love the touches of predominantly black white & green in your kit.You've won me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! What a kit to guest with - that is mahoosive - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty kit! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome kit, love the journal card, looking forward to seeing your projects.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy to have you with us this month! I love that you featured a lot of black & white in your kits - very classic and versatile. I especially like that Project Life kit you put together. Looking forward to seeing what you make this month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to our little corner of the scrappy world! Delighted to have you on the team this month :D You have such a lot of scrummy goodness in your fabulous kit. I loved seeing the Sodalicious products as I rarely see their line.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WoW, what a kit. I think I can do all that. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete