Thursday 1 October 2015

Wonderful Things: Layout for Scrap Africa DT

Hi! It's sketch challenge time again at Scrap Africa, and here's the layout I created.



I love this sketch, with the photos and embellishments clustered in opposite corners.



Finding photos that are suitable to be cut into circles is a fun challenge. There has to be enough empty space on each side of your focal image, so that your focus fits in the center. Don't worry, it's absolutely not expected that you should take the sketches so literally - photos in all shapes are fine!

But I'm enjoying my experiments with photos in different shapes at the moment, whether they be circles, squares or completely something else. I don't think I ever tried cropping triangular photos, but maybe I should!



I was also inspired by the 7 Dots Studio September/October Challenge: Frames. I thought of many different ways to frame the photos, from layering papers to ribbon and microbeads. In the end, I also added heat embossed chipboard corners to frame the whole layout, kind of.





For my layout, I used two patterned papers from the 9th Wave collection from 7 Dots Studio, and alpha stickers from two sets in the All I Ever line.



Do pop in at the Scrap Africa blog and see the gorgeous pieces the DT members and Guest Designers did - and participate in the challenge yourself, of course!



Thanks for your visit and have a nice week!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful page! I love how you stitched the ribbon around the page! The texture is fantastic! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project! I have pinned it onto 7 Dots Studio pinterest board. Thank you for playing along with us at 7 Dots Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that ribbon! Great element and great page! Thank you so much for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful layout!
    Thank You so much for joining our challenge at 7 Dots Studio this month! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Прекрасная работа! Благодарю от блога 7 Dots Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work. Thanks for sharing it with us at 7 Dots Studio this month!!

    ReplyDelete