Tuesday 15 September 2015

August Light: Layout for Scrap Africa DT

Hello! Here's my layout for the mid-month mood board challenge at Scrap Africa!



And here's what the mood board looks like:



I was inspired by the abundance of flowers and the colours, and also the combination of different typographies in the heart, which suggested using two different sort of alphabet in my title. One word is written by hand and and another with alphabet that I cut from corrugated cardboard.

Another inspiration to my layout was the mood board at Scrap Around the World:



Here I was inspired by the combination of pink and natural colours, the handwriting and the twine. I didn't feel like using dark brown this time, but the dark green handmade paper that I used to mat my photo sort of reminded me of the worn out leather covers of the old book in the mood board.



With this layout, I'm also joining the Archi-Scraps challenge, with the theme of Layers and/or corrugated cardboard!

I had wanted to use corrugated cardboard alphabet since I saw them in a layout by Terhi Koskinen recently. Do check out her work if you haven't already done so, she's one of Finland's best known scrapbookers and for a good reason!









Thanks for your visit! I hope to see you in the Scrap Africa challenge, open for participation until the end of September!

12 comments:

  1. Such a pretty layout. Great take on the layers and corrugated paper. Thanks for linking up to Archi-Scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for entering Archiscraps this month. I like all your layers and pretty colours SAlla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice layout with lots of texture, Clever to make your title from corrugated. Thanks for sharing with us at Archiscraps

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous LO,thanks for joining us at Archi-scraps this month

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many gorgeous details!!! Very nice layout! Thank you for joining us over at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creation! Love the textured background.
    Thank you for playing along with us at SATW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful page! love those colors! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous background piece. Lovely to get to know some scrappers new to me :)
    Thx for playing along at Archiscraps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty page! Love the curragated chipboard. Thank you so much for playing with us at Scrap Around the World.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely page :) Thank you for joining us at Scrap Around The World.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Stunning design! I LOVE the color and texture on this page!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Salla we would like to ask you to be guest DT for November at Archiscraps.Please contact me on julenem54@bigpond.com

    ReplyDelete