Wednesday 1 July 2015

Hello Sweetheart: Layout for Scrap Africa DT

Hello, and happy July! Summer is at its best in the northern hemisphere, while some of my colleagues in the Scrap Africa DT are in the middle of winter. In any case, I hope each of you everywhere is enjoying some crafty time, and I wish you warmly welcome to take a look at Scrap Africa if you have not done so yet! It's a friendly and inspiring challenge site whose team I am really proud to be a part of since last month.

This month we have a sketch challenge.



Here's the lovely Scrap Africa July sketch by Denise van Deventer! I rotated the sketch and started splashing some acrylic paint and mists on the left side.



The yellow pattern/texture is done with Gelatos and a stencil.



The textured Hello part of the title is modeling paste that I stenciled through one of my new Heidi Swapp Mini Frames stencils. To make the letters pop out a bit more, I shadowed them with pink Versamark ink and a Pitt Artist brush pen in light warm grey tone. I also tried using microbeads for the first time. They are of the Pop! brand from American Crafts and the colours are Black and Leaf.



I made a journaling tag to write some more than I could fit in the brush scripted circle. I love the pop of pink that I stamped with Staz-on in the tag and the circle doodles made with a pink Paperpen! The color scheme is not exactly in my comfort zone, but I think the bright pink and silvery & dark greys were a good choice to brighten up the photos! The retro yellow is quite dominating in these photos otherwise - in my mother-in-law's kitchen and even in the skin tones of my baby and me, as these photos were taken in the diminishing evening light without a flash.



I'm also entering this layout in the Challenge YOUrself! blog, where the theme this month is Anything Goes! (As long as you are in the photo yourself.) I really like this photo of me, with such a relaxed smile, so I hope my layout qualifies, even though my face does not show completely! You still have a few days to play along, as this challenge closes July 4th.

And the Scrap Africa challenge, that's always on until the new mid-month challenge, so you have two weeks to participate! I'd love to see you all there!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout and an absolutely wonderful take on the amazing sketch! I love the photos! Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page - you've used that sketch to full advantage. The page has a great circular flow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page! I love the circles. Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself x

    ReplyDelete
  4. so loving all the inky/painty of this and I love microbeads-you gotta use em more, they look beautiful here! Kate (Challenge YOUrself)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love the texture here. So glad you joined us at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. This is fabulous! So much texture and detail. Thanks for joining our challenge this month @ Challenge Yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely sketch and an amazing layout, well done sweetie.

    Have a wonderful week!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete