Tuesday 30 December 2014

What a Zetti Christmas!

Hello to you all! I'm the kind of Christmas person who likes to linger in the Christmas mood until it's New Year's Day - and more so if I'm on holiday and don't need to work in the days between. So here's still some Christmas themed crafts being posted - I hope you don't mind!



This set of ATCs was inspired by a swap titled Zetti Christmas. Zetti is a quirky, whimsical art style named by artist Teesha Moore, where some of the typical elements are: mismatched heads, eyes and limbs, funny hats and other circus/party gear, plus colourfulness combined with black and white, especially stripes and polka dots, and so on.



I've only tried to work in zetti style a few times and am not always happy with how it turns out, but I think it's a very fun exercise for a collagist nevertheless! It helps me to think of paper scraps in terms of forms, instead of what the scrap is intended to depict.

I'm not sure if I can explain it very well, but I'll try: For a collage character's -dress, for example, the easy choice would be to look for an image of a dress to cut and paste, but if I think like Zetti, I would have to pick a totally different item instead, and make it the dress. Or a body, or a head, or any part. It's quite liberating for the mind, I think, and a lot of fun!



I'm linking to Collage Obsession, theme Winter/Christmas, and Take a Word, theme Red/Green. Tomorrow I'll be posting the rest of my Zetti cards, so remember to pop in again if you'd like to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment