Monday 11 March 2013

Happy Orange

Here's a chunky book page sized 4x4 inches. The theme is monochromatic Orange, so it felt just the right place to test my new stamp, a girl's face in a calendula flower. It is from Viva Las Vegastamps and I like it a lot. It's so cheerful yet not too cutesy to my taste.

This was also the first time I used fabric or paper flowers in my crafts. I didn't like them at first but now I feel like using them a lot. It can turn out fun to sometimes re-think your opinion of a product!



Oranssin iloa

Tyttö kehäkukan keskellä oli kuin tehty leima tähän projektiin. Saaja toivoi 4x4-tuumaisesta Chunky Page -sivusta yksivärisen oranssin, ja Viva Las Vegastampsin iloinen kukkaistyttö sopi siihen ihan mainiosti.

Innostuin jopa kokeilemaan ensi kertaa kukkaiskoristeita sivuun. En tykästynyt niihin heti alkuun, mutta askartelutarvikkeiden suhteen on joskus hauska muuttaa mieltään!

Pallokuvioinen nauha on Askartelu Amaliasta. Viininpunainen, tarrapohjainen ornamenttinauha oli kesälomareissun löytö Tukholman Pandurosta.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely warm orange, just what's needed on a freeeezing day. Calendulas are brill flowers just saying their name makes me smile, they are the essence of orange. Paper flowers are a good thing, I think they work very well in this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very warm and bright painting, just the thing to brighten up a dull cloudy day like today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiva leima tosiaankin. Työsi on pirteä ja kaunis.

    ReplyDelete